Facial Tracking Video Capture Guide
For facial tracking you can upload any video that is full-body (head-to-toe), half-body (head-to-waist), or headshot (full face within frame). The larger and more clear the face is, the more accurate your results will be. For precise facial tracking with DeepMotion's Animate 3D, consider the following video capture guidelines:
- Position the camera at an optimal distance and angle for capturing the subject's full face. Please note the limitations for composition and character placement below. Closer to the face will generate better quality with more detail.
- Be sure to keep the full head within the frame of the screen for best results. Ensure the subject's face is clearly visible-ensure that the entire face is visible, including the forehead, eyes, nose, and mouth and the subject is facing the camera directly
Headshot Vs. Half Body Tracking Vs. Full Body Tracking
- Closer to the face will generate better quality with more detail so we can do eye/iris tracking, with higher fidelity facial expressions, mouth movement and head position.
Half Body Tracking
- Half-body tracking is closer up with more detail so we can do eye/iris tracking, with higher fidelity facial expressions, mouth movement and head position.
Full Body Tracking
- Full-body tracking is further away so eye tracking is turned off, but can still capture general facial expressions, mouth movements and head position for true full body ai motion capture.
- Utilize neutral lighting conditions that evenly illuminate the face.
- Avoid extreme lighting conditions, such as harsh shadows or overly bright lighting.
- Maintain a distinct contrast between the subject's face and the background to facilitate accurate facial motion tracking.
- Choose clothing that does not obstruct or cover the face, allowing for unobstructed facial tracking.
Single Person Capture
- For best results for facial tracking, ensure there is only one person within the frame during recording.
To quickly find specific topics or keywords, simply use the search bar. Additionally, if you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our team through our new Discord.